CRYPTO.com, the pioneering payments and cryptocurrency platform, formerly known as Monaco, seeks to accelerate the world’s transition to cryptocurrency. Its MCO branded consumer financial services, including the MCO Visa Card, MCO Wallet app, and MCO Token embrace a vision of Cryptocurrency in Every Wallet™.CRYPTO.com is headquartered in Hong Kong.
MCO is redefining how money is being moved, spent and invested. MCO is democratizing blockchain technology by designing beautiful, simple and useful financial services that have a lasting, positive impact on people’s lives.
For more information, please visit: www.crypto.com
About the role:
As a Senior Blockchain Protocol Engineer, you will work on the core blockchain technology, optimize internal data structures, write cryptographic algorithms and protocol specifications. You will also design and maintain interfaces for wider ecosystem integrations.
- Development activities include development, proposing architectural decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review and implementation
- Identify issues and implement solutions to complex problems in the blockchain protocol
- Analyze and solve difficult problems across the blockchain protocol
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build high scale backend services
- Management of documentation of all code and functionalities implemented
- Work closely with DevOps and ecosystem engineers to improve tech stack for long-term engineering initiatives
- Interested in building first-class product to solve real world problems
- Experienced with various technologies, a fast learner and have a “get things done” mentality
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and having the ability to juggle conflicting requirements from many different stakeholders
- Humble to embrace better ideas from others, eager to make things better, open to challenges and possibilities
- Open to learning, collaborative, willing to give and receive feedback
- 10+ years engineering experience
- Proficiency in handling scalability, high availability, security and performance
- Knowledge of, experience with and/or interest in some of the following areas: cryptography, low level networking, OS internals, distributed systems, BFT consensus algorithms, database and storage systems, performance analysis and optimization
- Experience with or interest in Rust
- MSc or PhD preferred but not required
- Hands-on experience with any existing blockchain system internals is welcomed but not required
What you can expect from us?
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team
- You will get to have involvement in developing a brand new product from scratch alongside with a talented team